Sunday, July 23, 2006

Beauty of the Behemoths

"Sea or the mountains?"
"Beach or the hill station?"
A lot of people have asked me this question. And my vote always seems to waver.

The sea has played the protagonist in some beautiful moments associated with my life. I have sat on the edge of a rocky cliff, peered over the surging sea and witnessed the most amazing sunset ever. I have kayaked on an ocean with seals jostling below me and snubbing me from the shorelines. I have a T-Shirt imprint of a photograph featuring me and four of my best pals' backs gazing over the shimmering sea at Lands End. The sea reasons me to think about infinity, the unknown depths, the limitless horizons that abound in our lives.

Cut to the mountains. Its all about the associated mysticity and the adventure. I can never forget those gruelling yet enjoyable treks. I can never forget the heavenly view of all the major Himalayan peaks at 11,000 feet. I can never forget the struggle in watching the birth of a river right out of a glacier's womb. I can never forget the mysterious monastery perched at the top of a huge hill. I can never forget the never-ending-brute-flow of water from hilltops behind all the fogginess. The mountain reasons me to think about the goal, the adventure and nature.

Today's vote would go to the mountain. An absolute tryst with nature - trekking, rain, greenery, oxygen, waterfall.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

very true..
nice blog!!

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home