Thursday, June 28, 2007

Jumping Dancing Jack

I did the most inexplicable, the most unimaginable, the most ridiculous thing that I had ever done in my life: DANCE in front of a live audience!

I am like a walking-talking robot who still hasn't been programmed to jig smoothly. Or think of a Physical Training instructor, who teaches kids to exercise - all his life, he's been too stiff to be nimble with his arms and legs. One fine day, you ask one such robot or a PT instructor to "rock n roll". Yeah. I heard a lotta gasps.

It was a minor guest appearance role as a dancer. But I had to sweat and slog myself out to do that 1 min role. No doubt, the means is always better than the end: it was helluva fun to learn to dance. Add to that, making new friends: my fellow dancers being unknown entities a week back. As the team gelled over a resort outing at Arnala, the unknowns transmogrified into relative knowns (A water rugby game played a major role in this mutation). The dance idea popped up from somewhere. With 24 hours left for the show, I was dragged in - to my horror. But I am so glad they did that.

Cleared the Dancing 101 course.

---
Read up Leo Tolstoy's short story "After The Dance". A dark and a sweet one. I liked his writing style - maybe Anna Karenina someday!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA....But i cannot digest tat Mithunda's fan cannot dance!!

Well it's never too late 2 learn...

Keep disco dancing...

-Krishna.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Gayatri said...

haha.. i got dragged on to the dance floor by a pro dancer in a jazz club in Paris.. full ashamed happened :(

but i had a ball.. though i'm sure he regretted it at the end of the song :) :) i don't really care..

11:22 AM  
Blogger The Lass said...

wen one can dance like a free spirit....wot els cud be better?

1:46 PM  
Blogger Jyoti said...

LOL!

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home