Saturday, January 03, 2009

New Year. Hampi. Harmony.

Midnight descended. No semblance of light anywhere. Million stars waited with bated breath. The cosmic dance was evident from where I sat. By the river-side. The soft flutter of water was music to every life-form around me.

2008 was driven out, kicked into its guts. 2009 was heralded as a few crackers from across the river lit up the trance-like inertia. Peace with myself. Surge of emotions. All of them positive.

Hampi played the transition role this time. Every other year, it had been some pub, discotheque or in a crowd of humanity. Every other year, it had been spent with friends. This time, capriciousness took me to a less trodden path. Which I ultimately savored. Similar to my Mahabalipuram backpacking trip earlier last year - but much more intense and surreal.

The first day of 2009 will be remembered as one without hangovers. Sunrise at Malyavantha hill (above) added a dash of strong spice to this potion.

All through the day, I continued to be impressed by the ruins that lay every nook and corner. Kings, palaces, artisans, domed gateways, temples, the statuettes - a treat for the eye; romanticism uninterrupted. Plainly put, it was unbelievable to see random but beautifully etched temples every 100m!

The best part here is that there were very few tourists. Gives me breathing space. Definitely no Indian tourists. This manifests a general lack of knowledge and appreciation - which is sad.

I trekked up Mathanga hill as dusk settled on the landscape. Sunset came. Hanuman (the picture alongside) loved it too. The city of billion boulders will sleep soon. But it will continue to breathe. In its beautiful precious history.

I will continue to breathe for a beautiful 2009.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, south is full of temples at every corner. Sunrise photos are great.

I somehow been visiting western coast, no better looking sunrise but sunsets... yes. :)

8:35 AM  
Blogger Quest said...

hey ... reminded me of my Hampi trip. What an awesome awesome place :)

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's nearly impossible to find knowledgeable people in this particular subject, however, you seem like you know what you're talkіng abоut!
Thanκѕ

Feеl free tο ѕurf to my homepаge http://Www.Locateabuckettruck.Com
Here is my homepage :: locate a bucket truck

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gooԁ ԁаy νerу cοol
blog!! Man .. Beautiful .. Wonderful .. I ωіll bookmaгk
your web site and take the feеdѕ also? I am glad to find a lot of
helρful infоrmation heгe within the submit, we nееd woгk оut extra stratеgіes in this regarԁ, thank you for shaгing.

. . . . .

Alsо visit my hοmepage; irving taxi

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Νormally I do not leаrn article on blοgs, however I
wish tο say thаt thіs write-uρ vеrу
compеlled me to try and dο so!
Youг writing stylе haѕ been surpriseԁ me.

Thanκs, νerу nіce artiсle.


My ωeb site; seo Dallas

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home