Sunday, December 03, 2006

*trovert

I am a loner. In other words, an introvert. A lot many people would subscribe to that.

I am an extrovert. Always smiling and happy. A lot many people would subscribe to that.

To tell you the truth, am both. Had been a compulsive introvert for most of my life. The last three years changed me and once in a while, I move over to the other side. As of now, am gradually closing in to the centrist position.

Somehow, I don't I think I can ever be a complete people's guy - a hardcore extrovert. I wouldn't enjoy it too. I still sometimes prefer moments that I want for spend with myself. And I just can't befriend every random person. I need the initial greetings, the smiles and the idle chatter.

Crossing the border by itself is a big achievement for me.

Before you ponder over my disambiguated thoughts, here's what I did yesterday. Well, I was part of a trek group and I was alone. Trekked alone, chatted with a few people and enjoyed the beautiful landscape that greeted me. And sang along with the hardcore extroverts in the bus.














Enjoy this snap from my photographic armoury, which says a lot about my personality. The tree being my introvert side and the cactus riddled with thorns, the extrovert one. The tree has outlived its life and will not grow an inch more. The cactus is short, will grow and try to match the tree - with more thorns.

DUH! Better stop thinking and marvel at the splendor of Sudhagad Fort - a 4 hour drive from Mumbai. If you wish to savor more snaps of that trek, check my Flickr link.

5 Comments:

Blogger anup.777 said...

there are many like ya man! ... am sure u r a healthy mix of both ... and adapt to situations as required ... at least i find myself doing that ever so often ... so, most feel that i'm an extrovert ... when in reality am just putting on a show ... :)

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good stuff!

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I know you for past 6 years or so..Hmm and I guess I havent seen any great radical change. The tree has outgrown its own expectations only to be compared along with a catcus, both again radically diversified by the climatic conditions. An introvert and an extorvert do have their differences but wouldnt a comparison between them hamper their individuality or rather wouldnt a more balanced combination be diplomatic combinations. It all gets onto a thin line of your close knit circle and the society, at the end even an extrovert needs an ear to listen to him and so does than introvert. So I guess this entire combination and the tussle in your mind to be on one side would be negated only on pure basis of pure thought of acceptance.
In case you have forgotten my name, a guess would help you out.. !

5:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Went through your flickr snaps. Can I ask you a simple thing like why everything and everyone is compared against each other.. Why a cactus has to scale the height of a tree or why a stupa to a sky. I guess to each one its own beauty.. Sorry for being so critical but yes.. comparisons are somehow .... racist !

5:19 AM  
Blogger neermathalam said...

so u r centrovert....
isnt it a good word to describe u....

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home