Saturday, September 09, 2006

Heartspeak

It seems so crazy. But somehow-someway, my honesty, frankness and heartspeak has never let me down.

Cut to Thursday, when my new boss called me over and suggested me to take up an impossible-to-accomplish assignment. I was chosen specifically for this task over 250 other associates. But with a catch that I remain committed to work till Feb, 2008. For me, such tasks make what I am. They get the best out of me and I have never disappointed anyone before. This assignment thrilled me to no end and my mind egged me on to take it up. A simple nod would have sealed the deal. However, the heart stopped me right there. There are a few things that I hold very close to my heart. And making a commitment now would have ruined all that. Plus, I have never believed in killing a gentleman's trust. I pondered over all this for a day: mind vs heart. The next day, I mailed him.

----------
Dear Boss,

I express myself better in writing, hence this. This mail is to convey my decision on the commitment you asked for, till Feb 2008. I would like to tell you that it will not be possible for me to give such a commitment, specifically for two reasons:

Reason 1: hinting a future career change

Reason 2: a genuine grievance which I had raised with the company; alas no response

I understand your dilemma and hence this frankness. However, I can assure you my complete dedication and services till June 2007 after which I cannot promise anything. I like to take up challenges and I ensure that I fight it. Also, I hope this communication between us remains confidential. If you wish, we can talk further on this.

Thanks & Regards,
Tejas
-------------

My decisions never lead to regret. I am simply optimistic and look forward in life.

Friday morning: My boss thrusts that all important assignment on me. Raises the Reason 2 grievance with the top management. The bee is no longer a metaphor for busy. I am.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was really nice...Very few people set and follow principles...but then...Honesty pays!!

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome - Anup

4:06 AM  
Blogger broken dreams said...

yeah .. hv to do some postings.. hv been a bit busy man..

so how u doing ?? wat u upto ??

4:13 AM  
Blogger The Individualist said...

Lovely last line. *applause*
And yes. Sometimes, heartspeak works more wonders than any other sly talk.
*is impressed.

1:05 PM  
Blogger anup.777 said...

Cool!!! am glad to see that your frankness paid off ... that's gud news for others who wannabe bold too ...

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home