Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Last Hurray

After my resignation, the last day was never far from the horizon. It is due tomorrow. Multitude of feelings rushing through me. Here's a poem I badly scribbled - but should convey what all I feel. I call it The Last Hurray

Dreams in my hand, hopes galore
The time has come for the bye to flow

Wonderful has been the phase, memories are etched
Greyer maybe the hair, never will they be eroded

Leaders were awesome, peers were cool
Their hand of support always touched my soul

Friends were made, smiles abound
Life will be prettier, if they are found

A humble thanks may not be enough, there is a lot more
For feelings like these are not seen in any lore

I depart with a final teary bye, to tread a lonely road
The way is full of joy, taking beautiful moments in my fold

I owe it a lot of people for making my life better at the workplace. My cheers and gratitude to them for persisting with me.

Life 3.0 has just begun! With a bag full of surprises, risks and dreams in store.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Gayatri said...

Wish you all the luck for life 3.0 :)

4:43 AM  
Blogger Priya said...

The road is never be alone as you will meet good people too.

Best wishes to you..

10:57 AM  
Blogger Priya said...

Typo error. instead of is it shud be will

10:57 AM  
Blogger indicaspecies said...

The Last Hurray is well written. Wishing you peace and happiness at your new place/life that you will begin with. :)

6:59 AM  
Blogger rUpiE said...

Hmmm good attempt... definitely...

5:18 AM  
Blogger Tejas said...

@All,

Thanks for your wishes. It is motivating enough for a novice poet like me :)

1:23 PM  
Blogger Ayyappa said...

Hey Tejas,

Hope u r doing good. I wish you all the best for life 3.0. And dont forget that here the doors are always open for you if you wanna come back. haha Jus kidding.
Hope you will achieve greater heights in your life.

KIT

Ayyappa

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too on same farewell road soon :)

10:35 AM  
Blogger soumya mukerji said...

That's a beautiful farewell ode, though it does seem to follow the corp route of thanking all, no matter closeness or conflict :) But anyway, endings must always be forgiving and appreciative, or at least seem so. Gud luck for life 3.0 (not many cos. in India have embarked on it yet!)

5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home