Wednesday, January 03, 2007

He and I

The young boy peered over the deck railing and gazed at the shimmering moonlight in the still water. The magical reflection percolated his soul and knocked on the doors of enthusiasm. Chewing on the great moments the boy had spent, he touched the wood to ensure it remained within him forever. The ferry soon reached its destination. The lad jumped over the cobbled stone ramp with a sense of jubiliation. Running over to the counter, he bought the needed tickets and pegged his accomplices to follow him. Within no time, he was bobbling halfway in the air - not to forget the twisting and churning of his entire being. His abdomen cringed a few times. A lot of banging and jerking followed after which he ran over to the nearest homosapien gathering close to a pedestal. All of them seemed to perform some wierd rituals involving body movements of the extreme variety pumped up by some cranky tunes. The boy hopped in with his pals and debuted with a special tribal routine

At the stroke of midnight, the boy could hear the tune "I Dream Away...le le ee le le" from Desert Rose. A huge voice boomed Happy New Year, so are you enjoying here at Esselworld?

I joined the chorus of Yeahs. And grooved beneath the Mumbai sky as if there was no end despite that it might make Mithun forget his dancing skills. After the delirium ended at 3 am, the last few ounces of energy and sanity were spent on the few remaining supposed daredevil rollercoaster rides. A quiet body-aching supper at 4am gave me enough calories to tread back home. Leaving on a Ferry...

Wish you all a wonderful 2007! Keep dreaming.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger rUpiE said...

Wish you a good year ahead...good I doubt.. as you would still my closest frnd !

5:04 AM  
Blogger The Individualist said...

Hmm phew. I guess am becoming more and more lecherous with each passing day. Christ save me.
The first paragraph looked very different to me till I read the entire post. :p
Have a great year ahead.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey...gr8 post..wish u a very happy new year!!

8:43 PM  
Blogger rUpiE said...

Hope, wishes and Dreams... wats harm in that on a new year's eve! Bless me and Help me in my ventures...!!!

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home