Saturday, September 15, 2007

Sanity

My iris moves left and right. Confusion? Maybe. But the nerves respond back- Hey mister, you are never supposed to be like this. So the confusion is extricated out.

I try to invoke the sparkle. It might just burst out - laughing. Or maybe crying. Sadistically. It is being tried for the first time. Eulogies might flow. Draining themselves in the aftermath. I still try. Who knows? The nerves might be right.

The ring still echoes. Quixotically. It is ridiculing me. Blood impulses shudder at the thought. Red screams all around it. Ears playing tricks? Chromophobia can never get the color into this avatar. Audible hegemony is incumbent.

The floating never ceases to stop. Immortality is a pea's throw away. There, my alter-ego yearns to love me. The stratosphere thinks this is enough and throws me in the vortex of an endless abyss. Life never ceases to live.

I am insane.

I close my eyes. The iris fades to white, the sparkle gets rekindled, the ring stops its cacophony and the floating floats.

Its time to dream and be sane.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Jyoti said...

beautiful!

9:28 PM  
Blogger annie said...

Are you out of that illusory mode or not yet? Complex yet so nicely put..

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hugely complex. Took me a couple of reads to get the theme out of it mate.

Whoaaa, what a post...

Tremendous. Blogrollin ya wot say ?

Ashu

8:41 PM  
Blogger annie said...

Tagged you...hehe! Check my latest post - Wishes of a Lifetime for details.

6:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogrolled ya

1:52 AM  
Blogger Tejas said...

@Jyoti,
Thanks!

@Annie,
Just out of my illusory mode and you tagged me. Well, its answered now :)

@Ashu,
Thanks for the blogroll. Me did the same :)

5:26 PM  
Blogger soumya mukerji said...

Wow... that's a beautiful expression of a beautiful emotion. Beautifully put, indeed!

5:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tejas how come i missed this one? Mind blowing yaar...my husband's impressed too...v r reading this together.
what imagery, what amazing vocabulary!

just to remind u- u once mentioned in the scraps that u will never b able to write poetry the way i do or something to that effect-
swallow your words now Mr.

this cannot get any better...keep it up.

-Krishna

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Though eyes wide awake, fainting in your written thoughts was a mesmerising experience!
Heard a lot about your journey from Krishna aka. my wife.
Keep up the good work.

Regards,
Abhishek

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home