Saturday, September 29, 2007

September's Diary

I am in a deep dilemma. Quandary of sorts. Its hurting my head at this specific place. Ummm...after move aside my grey hair at 10 latitude and 45 longitude of my sick head, move an inch towards the left. That's the place. That's where this dilemma is perplexed if it should take the right branch or the left one.

It about deciding whether Bangalore could eclipse my hometown Mumbai as THE favorite city in the world. It is a tough one because despite its shortcomings, my heart is with the latter. And I only feel it when am away from home. I always thought I could never stay there for long, but its pull is stronger than gravity. So much so that I even dedicated my thesis to this lovely city.

But Bangalore has slowly risen to the challenge. Its been a month that I have been here and apart from a few irritants, it has caught my fancy. Its growing on me. The weather is not as stolid as Mumbai's. And the greenery makes me go green with envy. Overall, as I almost near my first month birthday here - its been pure oxygenated pleasure.

Another huge reason is my current job. I am part of a start-up comprising 3 people and we are already the BEST company to work for in the world. Pun intended. We have
- Creativity blooming every hour. I have the most abstruse ideas, but it is still added to the specs. There is just so much passion to innovate and learn.
- Brainstorming. Everyday, a new idea is followed by moments of brainstorming to make it perfect. Time stops, because it goes onto the wee hours. The whiteboard bears the brunt.
- The perfect team. Three guys who have no egos to rule over others.
- Mandatory gym membership. Health should never be undermined.
- Music classes. Violin...aah.
- Friday Night movies. Gives me the chance to carry on with my hobby of foreign cinema. The two landmarks witnessed - the German "Wings of Desire" and the French "Amelie". Am so in love with Amelie, since watching it.
- Tryst with a good Cook. He does cook really well.
- A homely office. There is no lobby and no attractive glass facade. It is a sweet residence converted into a workplace.
- Bean bags. The best rest for my lazy bums.
and lots lots more...

I have been a happy lad. And it has further gone up by notches being here. Its somewhere close to Pluto now. Cannot be seen by telescopes. I cannot ask for more.

A snapshot of my home/office here. It is in black and white currently. Once we become popular, the Eastman shades will smudge them. And the day we are big, the 1600 million colors will be "holi"ised over them.

Life 3.0 has begun like a dream.

Guess I have boasted enough. Or is my happiness cackling?

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Quest said...

Dude, no place like Bombay :)

But nevertheless, as I always told you, waiting to know more about Life 3.0 startup. DO let me know when the Beta is on its way :)

9:49 PM  
Blogger indicaspecies said...

During this 9-day trip of mine to India, I spent 2 nights in Bangalore and 2 nights in Mumbai - I cannot decide which city is better. I love them both!
Glad to know you are passionate about your work and that all's going fine with you. Keep smiling happy lad. :)

1:50 AM  
Blogger annie said...

I liked the goa pics..sesms like lotta masti.. Couldn't make out who you in da pics though :)

Mumbai or Bang....am clueless.Hardly seen former n never seen latter.

11:46 PM  
Blogger Amandeep Singh said...

NIce place u gat man..just checked out the pics on flickr...
So what ya guys doin from this office at home..looks lke some great idea to me!
wishes!!

8:30 AM  
Blogger KP said...

gos is certainly in my wish list....on my nxt trip to india.......:)

10:38 AM  
Blogger Pri said...

cool pics...:)
finally home is always where the heart is ...isnt it?
so its gotta be mumbai although doubts may be cast on the above statement with regards to ur "love life" ...heehee
so ul'l be knowing best! :p

8:06 AM  
Blogger soumya mukerji said...

The lighthouse picture and water shadows are really beautiful... and when you have such an envious office life to lead, you shud feel blessed instead of nurturing the dilemma! As they say, Wu Wei... let nature take it's own course, embrace whatever comes your way!

5:18 AM  
Blogger Rose said...

Still in a dilemma???

:D

..Me

5:12 AM  
Blogger Tejas said...

@All,

Thanks for your comments. Mumbai is doing well currently.

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home