Friday, September 21, 2007

Wishes Of A Lifetime

I have been tagged. Not as a criminal. As a blogger whose stimulating avatar needs to be careened into words. By a fellow blogger Annie, who will have to undergo the misfortune of reading a cathartic and vitriolic post. Serves her right for victimizing innocent bloggers.

Its the first tag that has been affixed on this blog's soul. And it asks me all the wishes that I want to get fulfilled over my remaining lifetime. After that, the aliens are going to kidnap me away from Earth to their paradise of alien virgins.

Now, here lies the crux of the essence of the problem. It has a very easy answer. But it cannot be etched as the list is too long. The pages keeps growing everyday. I had begun to write a bestseller book on "100 Things To Do Before I Die". Suddenly, I read the Hitchhiker's Guide, suffer an excruciating writer's block and I had to add a zero to 100. The Zero addition hasn't stopped hence.

Enough of bakwaas. Here are the top 6 desires. There are millions more, but they need some breathing space from the capricious me.
  1. Tech Entrepreneur: The schizophrenic geekiness in me seeks to become a tech evangelist. Bill Uncle aka Windows Uncle, Jobs Uncle aka Apple Uncle and Larry Uncle aka Google Uncle run helter-skelter after seeing me in competition. Possibility not too far in the horizon. Its not even close to the horizon. Just an year away from it hopefully.
  2. Write A Book: Another block had stopped me from doing this. My 10 page prologue is still awaiting further streaks and dashes of vocabulary. But it has to be scribbled at all costs. When it is complete, all that is required is to force a few friends to read it - pure third degree torture. What follows after they read it cannot be disclosed here.
  3. Trek and Climb mountains: Alas, my current work has ruined my yearly pilgrimage to the Himalayas - specifically Everest planned for November. But it will be conquered till the Advanced Base Camp someday. And of course, there are a lot other mountains lasciviously wanting to experience me - other than the Kanchenzonga - up, close and personal like K2, Mont Blanc, Kilimanjaro, Nanga Parbat, McKinley etc.
  4. Symphony Violinist: Been enthused by the violin all my life and even learnt it for a while. Will need a huge effort to appear on stage with this sexy instrument and just sway along to the tunes of the conductor smoothly. Messrs Zubin Mehta, are you listening? You better not, if you want to keep earning.
  5. Wildlife Photographer: The Serengeti will beckon me someday and my future Nikon D80 should capture the most exquisite pictures. Most of them will have yawning creatures.
  6. Art Movie Director: After watching countless art movies and foreign cinema, directing one will be huge pleasure. Certainly, it will be in black and white, with a lot of abstract dialogues, a 5 minute imagery of a man just thinking, a few aesthetic nudes and so on. No wonder sadistically, the Censor Board will have a painful time reviewing it.
That is enough for today. The book of a million dreams will be out soon to find out more. Ensure your donations come to me.

Current mood: Desperately trying to extricate himself from the tag. Thanks Annie!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger annie said...

Tejas...quite a startling wish-list you got out here. I can prognosticate that you will reach atleast somewhere near most of 'em.Writing a novel & photography...sounds cool & u seem to be a virtuoso at that already. Luck n yeah bloggers wud defnt. like to know more worldy-wide wishes of urs.Stayin tuned!!

1:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah wonderful, esp the 1st one. Are you a geek ? Lot of similarities out here with mine wishlists. a novel, trekking (quite near to bungy jumping, except coming up and down, opposite directions).

Playing violinist and photography are amazing ones. wish you achieve most of them and sooner than later.

DO include us in few of them lol...

11:40 AM  
Blogger The Individualist said...

Your ambitiousness is very addictive. :D

10:11 PM  
Blogger KP said...

Bing in IT field Tech Entrepreneur thought does come to our mind, i`m sure at least once a day...:D

4:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where have you been ?

6:58 AM  
Blogger Pri said...

ohh...a very "easy to achieve" wish list there..it shudent tk u more than a coupla yrs ;p

keep going!
cheers...:)

2:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow..beautiful desires..they all shall come true man!!!!
:)

11:07 AM  
Blogger Tejas said...

@Annie,
Thanks a lot for the tag. It was a really cool one and I had tough time to eke out this top 6. Surely will have a go at a few of em. Yeah...stay tuned to my station...its at 99.9 FM.

@Ashu,
Thanks. Its so geeky to find a peer geek. Gimme a hi-five! So we will meet mid-way when you bungee jump and I climb. Guess you won't have too much time to talk though. As far as my disappearing trait goes...you will know in my next post, what keeps me happy and occupied.

@the individualist,
Man, I have no qualms in saying that your blog inspired me to write stories. So am honoured if my addiction rubs onto you.

@kp,
Sure man, these thoughts come to me every second - forget once a day

@pri,
Couple of years...wow...you are more ambitious than me. Maybe I would need your help to achieve it. Thanks!

@the lad,
Thanks man...life will be incomplete if I don't make even an iota of effort towards them

2:19 PM  
Blogger annie said...

So we waitin to know what keeps you happy & occupied.

6:36 AM  
Blogger soumya mukerji said...

Sweet wishes, those!

2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home